Thursday, April 27, 2006

Welcome!


I open this blog with some thoughts on my current journey:

I was touched deeply by the Annie Proulx short story "Brokeback Mountain" when I first read it, and even more so when I finally saw the movie. Love is indeed a force of nature. It was my love of the story and movie that led me to begin anew my life's journey...

The forces that shape us - that help define who we are - are many and varied. But one of the strongest, undoubtedly, is the force of nature. We are, in no small part, a product of our geography. I was raised in the mountains of northwestern Wyoming and the pull of the mountains is strong in me. No matter where I have roamed in this life, I have felt the pull of the mountains. In March 2006 I ventured back to the geography of my youth - the mountains surrounding Cody, Wyoming. I spent several days up Southfork and Northfork, taking pictures of "my" mountains. I thought ... reflected ... wrote ... dreamed ... reminisced, all the while listening to the sounds of the mountains and the strains of k.d. lang's "hymns of the 49th parallel," finding myself playing ms. lang's haunting version of Leonard Cohen's "Halleujah" over and over as I drank in the beauty of the gods...

Join me on this particular journey where dreams live...

2 comments:

britpopbaby said...

Those pictures are absolutely breath taking! Unfortunately I don't own k.d lang's new album so I hummed my own background music. Very relaxing!

ann said...

Hey
Wyoming is so beautiful...I love pictures of Grand Tetons, have it as my wallpaper
I love Annie Proulx novel too, It's so great.
bye bye