Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Sleepwalker


When my son was a young 'un (between 3 and 6 years old), he would sometimes sleepwalk. At the moment he was born I became a light sleeper, so I always heard him when he was wondering about in the wee hours. One time I found him standing in our little home office, looking around the room in the dark for his bed, trying to get into the desk...I guided him back to his room and tucked him back in bed. Luckily, his sleepwalking excursions never involved leaving the house or heading toward the basement stairs.

The most memorable sleepwalking episode happened one fall night when he was around 6 years old. I heard him wandering about, so I got out of bed and started looking for him. I didn't see him right away, but I heard some very strange noises coming from the bathroom, so I went in. The shower curtain was open a bit, and there he stood in the bathtub, calling out football signals. It was all I could do not to laugh out loud. ;) I helped him out of the tub, took him back to his room, and tucked him back in bed. To this day, he has no memory of any of his sleepwalking episodes, but I sure do. Hut one, hut two!

1 comment:

Nothing Really Matters said...

Thought I would stop by and say hi! Nice blog I liked the story of Mom, what's a 'lesbian'? U wrote last month, so funny! I used to sleep walk when I was a little one, my parents said I used to run downstairs and run around in a circle! How freaky is that!