Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Words to Live By #3: Get Out of Your Box


"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is. "
--Angelina Jolie

I'm certainly not a "Brangelina" fan, but Ms. Jolie has a very good point. If you keep the boundaries of your life small, you'll live a small life. The world is a big place and your boundaries - be they physical, emotional, educational, spiritual ...whatever boundaries you may have - should be big as well. Sometimes I hear folks say, "I was born and raised here, never felt the need to leave." Well, OK, I guess if that works for you, fine. But how can you ever know anything about the world outside your box if you never leave it?! How can you form any opinions about things outside your box if you never leave it?! How can you experience life to the fullest inside that d*mn box?! It's a big world out there, little ones, and you need to get out of your boxes and FLY!

2 comments:

britpopbaby said...

I'm planning to fly very soon!

In other news, I'm getting Sparkle Motion together today. You're now officially a founding member (whether you like it or not ;))but I'll email you with more news!

jack nasty girl said...

hahahaha ....fly :)...why not?
it's funny....