Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Best Day Ever?!?


Yesterday was a really great day for me. I won't bore you with details, suffice it to say it was a REALLY good day with some really wonderful things happening with the "Addicted To The Movie CANDY" project I'm involved with. But at the end of the day, as I lay in bed thinking about things, I came to the realization that as good as the day had been, it didn't hold a candle to all my other "best days ever."

All the "best days ever" in my life, I realized, came about from small, wonderful (and wonder-filled) moments like finding my engagement ring in the bouquet of carnations (well, only after much prodding from my intended - I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer sometimes), sharing my very first trip to Disneyworld with my husband on our belated honeymoon, feeling my baby kick for the first time (whoa...felt like an alien was inside me...cool!), every "first" I ever experienced with my child - first smile (yeah, it was probably gas, but still), first word ("dah-do" for dog), first steps (oh why was I so anxious for him to be mobile?!), first day of school (and every subsequent first-day-of-the-new-school-year), watching him play sports (all those years as a soccermom watching my goalkeeper, now watching my football player), drives in the country with my family, long phone conversations with my dad when I would catch him at home but mom would be out (oh how I miss those...), visits to my mom's, quiet moments watching mountain sunsets with my husband, taking walks with Sprocket and learning how to really experience the world around me, falling asleep beside my soul mate. Yep, all of that makes for an infinite number of "best days ever."

And to think, there's so many more to come!

2 comments:

miffed67 said...

Awwww, so sweet! I'm glad things are looking up for Candy. Looking forward to seeing the film when I can finally get my hands on it! I joined the MB, so will be keeping tabs, and thanks!

~DKBB~ said...

Thanks so very much for your support of ATTMC, miffed! It's greatly appreciated!