Tuesday, July 25, 2006

BFF


"BFF" (Best Friend[s] Forever) is a phrase (or abbreviation) tossed about in the current entertainment media so much that it is almost a throw-away term with no meaning any more. How very sad, because real, honest-and-true BFFs are pure gold. I have many BFFs in my life and I know what a joyous gift they are.

What brought me to this subject was a phone call I made just yesterday to one of my oldest and dearest friends on this earth. She and I met when we were five or six years old, and we have been true and fast friends ever since. We went to school together, roomed together part of the time we were in college, and have maintained a solid gold friendship in the intervening decades. We are the kind of friends that can not talk for months and months, then pick up right where we left off when we do finally connect again. We have lived far apart for decades, but the gods have seen fit to toss us back into the same region now where we are only a short day's drive apart. I have no doubt there any many new adventures for us on the horizon, and the times we do connect will start to increase.

I know from wonderful experience that a true BFF IS forever, and with your BFF you will always feel ageless, empowered, and loved. So develop and nourish those friendships, little ones - make all the BFFs you can - for they really are golden!

1 comment:

Nothing Really Matters said...

That’s really nice that you get to see your friend again after a long time.

It’s very important to stay in touch with people by e-mail, letter, simple phone call or whatever. I think far too many people fail to do this and just lose touch with each other which is really sad.

I hope you do get together, and I’m sure you will have a good time. DKBB you always come up with such good advice.