Monday, August 07, 2006

...and I'd been feeling so much better about it all...


I really was feeling like I was moving forward from all the fire crap, and then I received these 3 pictures via email today (don't know who to attribute them to). Talk about a gut punch.... These are all aerial images of a small portion of the Spotted Tail fire, taken mid-week last week I would guess. The little smoke column you see was the woodchip pile at CSC - it burned for quite a while. It is painfully obvious how close we came to disaster here in Chadron. The burned area goes on south and a bit east for about 10 miles....




Cherish where you are and what you have in this life every day, little ones, cuz it can all go up in smoke in a heartbeat....

2 comments:

Blogging for scraps... said...

I hope you're doing well. That looks like a close one.

Simon Agent 002 said...

Wow, to see that from above.
I'll bet everyone is so grateful to the firefighters.
It looks like a lava flow headed for the town.

I glad everything turned out ok! it was sure hairy there for awhile!