Friday, August 04, 2006

What a Difference a Week Makes....


It's very hard for me to believe that one short week ago today we were in the jaws of hell here. Today the skies are blue with fluffy white clouds hanging about, a light breeze (ash-laden yes, but a light breeze nonetheless).... sitting in my basement office I can almost convince myself it has all been a horrible nightmare.

But, alas, it is all too real. I spent some time this afternoon putting together an album of all the photos I have taken so far, beginning with some pictures from 7/27 when the fires in the panhandle had just started and going through our "tour" of the Spotted Tail burn area yesterday afternoon. Click here for the album of my photos to date.

Last night at the community meeting, the Lt. Governor of Nebraska spoke a bit - he said, "The face of the community has changed [forever], but the heart and the value [are] the same." How very true....

I cannot stress enough the need for financial assistance and fencing materials here. Please refer to the posts below for information on how you can help - and DO consider helping!

As before, one day at a time, little ones, and I KNOW we'll get there....

1 comment:

britpopbaby said...

Thank goodness the imminent danger has gone.

Hang one, my stupid mutt is barking for no reason and it's late - the enighbours will complain