Thursday, September 21, 2006

Life in the Fast Lane

original mixed media collage by Annie Farnsworth, available at The Shoppes of Artella

Once school starts in the fall, time starts doin' that snowball-down-a-hill thing and all too fast you feel completely bowled over and snowed under. Or at least I do. I swear, once classes started up again for both my son the high school senior and my husband the college professor, the days started racing past me like I was the tortoise in the ol' tortoise vs. hare race.

Some days I just want to shut the door, close all the blinds, sit down with a cup of tea, and BREATHE. Life goes so fast, things happen so quickly...it seems there's little time to process it all. And this being my son's final year of high school, I want to process it all...commit it all to long-term memory, to be pulled out on lonely days in the years ahead....

So my advice to you, little ones, is to slow down, BREATHE, and take the time to process your life, reflect, and remember....

No comments: