Monday, November 13, 2006

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (almost!)


Anyone who knows me, knows I am a total nut about the holiday season. I love, love, love the time from Thanksgiving to New Year's!

My family always says that Christmas "blows up" in our house when I decorate each year - no room is safe...I even do the bathrooms. I have tons of holiday decorations, and I get more every year. Someday, when we build our dream home at Twin Butts Vista Drive, I'm gonna have a big ol' room to store all my decorations and trees in, so I don't have to dismantle everything each year if I don't want to. And I'll go sit in my Christmas storage room when I need a fix of holiday cheer during the year.

I have always been a HUGE fan of the holiday season, and I seem to get more excited about it every year. I have NO problem with the stores putting our their Christmas stuff immediately after Halloween; it drives my husband crazy, but I love it! I love the music (and I am thrilled that it is already available on our digital music service!), the shopping, the crowds, the lights, the parades, the food, the parties, the wonderful feelings of good will and cheer! Love it all!

So I'm a happy camper about now, getting all geared up for the holidays! Only a tich over two weeks until Thanksgiving, which is for me the official kick-off of the holiday season. There's stuffing to be made, turkey to be stuffed, pumpkin pies cryin' out to be baked, tummies to be stuffed to the max, and - best part of all - college football to be watched. Oh yea, college football - another wonderful and welcome tradition of the holiday season. My grandfather used to say, "the living room is full of footballs!" this time of year. And I uphold that tradition well - we watch every danged bowl game we can, and every regular season game, too.

Yep, it's the most wonderful time of the year, little ones! Embrace it, rejoice in it, live it!!!!!

1 comment:

Sean Carter said...

Having a room full of Christmas decorations round the year is a great thought..that way you do not have to part with the lovely decorations u make each year and make be use some of them next time...Even I'm all geared to celebrate the holiday season...now jus going crazy with the shopping...If you wanna check out some cool and exciting stuff for the season jus peep into my Holiday Blog....