Sunday, November 05, 2006

Of Cardinals, and Lemons, and Crap - Oh My!


Cardinals: My son's high school football team lost in a heartbreaker 20-27 in the second round of the playoffs. The one bright spot, from my vantage point anyway, was that my son really did well as the "color commentator" for the local radio coverage of the game. We've been getting so much great positive feedback! Sure wish we coulda heard him, but the game was played too far away to get our local coverage; we were in the stands screaming our heads off, anyway. So, the Cardinals end their season 8-2 (not bad at all, if you ask me), and thus ends my son's high school football career....

Lemons: Football injuries to my son culminated with a torn right knee PCL (will heal with time and physical therapy) and a torn (completely severed, I fear) ligament in his left thumb that will be repaired via surgery tomorrow. We're getting enough damn lemons here to make lemonade for the entire country....

Crap: The political season is, thankfully, about over. I have been deluged with political mail for weeks, and today the canned, computerized phone calls started. By the time I received a THIRD call in just two hours from the candidate I actually support for the US House seat, I was ready to vote for the other guy, just on principle. It's bad enough that the candidates are drowning my mailbox with unsolicited, unwanted, and totally unappreciated (by me, anyway) mailings, but my phone lines?! Good god, leave me alone! I'm an intelligent adult; I have weighed the issues, learned about your stand on things, and I will make my own well-thought-out decision when I get to the polls on Tuesday. Yep, I'm gonna write in "Bill The Cat" for every damned office.....

Come Tuesday, all you US-based little ones, get out there and VOTE!!! If you don't vote, you can't bitch (another stellar ~DKBB~ mantra).

No comments: