Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Story Is Yet To Be Written....

Ah, I love the new year...twelve months stretching out before us, full of promise and possibilities. Another chapter of our lives just waiting to unfold....

This year has many truly wondrous stories in store for me...a grandbaby, a wedding, family visits, and who-knows-what-else (well, there's that national election thing - but that's for another blog entry or twenty)! As I look forward to this year of 2008, I see oh so very many joys awaiting me!

Some may already feel that 2008 is not going to be a good year for them. To those lost souls I say: Just stop! Stop seeing only negatives, problems, and uncertainty, and open your hearts and minds to the wondrous possibilities that await you in the coming year.

I've been reading a lot of daily motivational and meditational works lately, and all of them seem to have a similar message for the first days of January: open your heart to happiness...stop blocking it with negative thoughts...allow happiness to enter your heart, and it will enter your life. Yea, I know it sounds trite, but give it a try anyway...you might be surprised, little ones.

Let the story unfold....

No comments: