Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

The past 12 months have been beyond eventful, and I have learned so very much about love, patience, and acceptance. The most important thing I've learned is to roll with the punches....to take whateverthehell life throws at you and, in the words of Tim Gunn, "make it work!"

Our young son and his girlfriend had a baby in February, and next Sunday (June 22) they will be married. It has been a joy to watch this young couple as they grow into their roles as partners-in-life and parents...they are both rising to the challenge resoundingly well. They make me proud every single day. On this Father's Day, I am blessed with the knowledge that our son is becoming a *great* father and husband.


Things, of course, don't always go the way you think they should. But if you are able to adapt to the sometimes abrupt twists and turns in the road of life, you will be rewarded a thousandfold. I am living with the joyous rewards of my ability to take the journey as it comes every day.

Whether you are new to the role or have been at it for decades, may this Father's Day be Happy, and may you remember to always find joy in the journey!

1 comment:

Flights Of The Mind said...

Greetings!

Landed on your blog while googling for something.
You have a nice blog and the name of the blog really caught my eye.
Cheers :)

Flights-Of-The-Mind.