Sunday, March 01, 2009

From Vinyl Albums, to CDs, to MP3s...

I have been a fan of Elton John's for 40 years. As a young girl, I would save up my allowance to buy his albums...his albums and candy were all I ever wanted to spend my money on.

Forty years...Elton John's music has been there a large portion of my life, provided the backdrop to my teenage years (I still consider "The Bitch Is Back" to be my theme song), filled the background of many a late night of study in my college years, provided the soundtrack for more road trips than I can count, and now fills my home office with music while I toil away.

Forty years, and I have never had the opportunity to see him perform in person...until now. For some reason, all the stars aligned perfectly at this moment in time...Elton John is appearing in Rapid City, SD, on April 1. The perfect April Fool's Day...on April 1, 2009, my husband and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage, and we'll do it by attending the Elton John concert with our son and daughter-in-law.

Whatever you do, little ones, do it to music...and be a fan.

No comments: