Friday, April 24, 2009

Oh, the places you'll go!

Recently I created a Facebook page for myself as a way to keep in touch with my kids and my niece. I was happily surprised to find all sorts of old friends and acquaintances on Facebook. I am now in contact with a few of my old high school and college cohorts. And I am amazed at the paths our lives have taken. Dr. Seuss was right: "Oh, the places you'll go!"

One old high school friend is currently in Africa with her daughter...they went to get the sweet little guy who is now her grandson and are awaiting all the papers from the US Embassy that will make the adoption legal and allow them all to return to the States.

One of my old college roommates has created her own consulting firm, and just finished moving her mother into assisted living and getting her childhood home ready for sale. Talk about major life changes....

Another of my old high school acquaintances works as a trainer with bears and wolves for all sorts of entertainment media, and he takes photos of his charges that are jaw-dropping!

All of this previously-unknown-to-me information came about because of Facebook....making the world a little smaller and more accessible for everyone, every day.

No comments: