Monday, May 11, 2009

Transitions, Part 1

Later this week you might see a small caravan, 1 car and 2 trucks, traveling from northwest Nebraska to southeast Nebraska. Chuck and I, and Austin, Allison and Torsten are all heading to Lincoln to finalize the purchase of A&A's house and get it all ready for them to move in to.

As A&A approach their first wedding anniversary, they are taking that first big step toward their future...moving into their own home in Lincoln and moving forward with their educational careers.

I know in my head that it's time for them to leave the stilted confines of this little backwater, to venture forth on their own and begin forging their own paths without the constant presence of parents, siblings, etc. But my heart hasn't yet fully received the message...and it's gonna break a little when this move is complete and they are no longer stopping by every now and then or bringing Torsten over for me to watch 3 mornings a week. I will miss A&A, but boy will my heart ache for my little angel-baby grandson. Thanks heavens for cell phones, texting, Facebook, and Skype.

We'll see them all a few times this summer, and I have a feeling I will be making semi-regular trips to Lincoln, but still....they are about to fly from this nest, and I'll be the momma bird you see wandering around looking lost for a while.....

No comments: