Sunday, August 23, 2009

Time Marches On


This past week my one and only child turned 21 years old. If you'd have told me on that wild day 21 years ago that 21 years later this journey would lead me to be a mother-in-law and grandmother by now, I'd have told you that you were nuts. But that's what I am...the world's happiest mother-in-law and grandmother, at that.

On that oh-so-eventful day 21 years ago, 39 babies were in the hospital nursey (must have been a very cold winter 9 months earlier...), and the cutest, most perfect little baby was, of course, mine (there's something to be said for C-section births, but I would highly discourage emergency C-section as an alternative to natural birth when at all possible).

My son has grown into a wonderful young man...one of the best husbands/fathers/sons I am blessed to know and love. Perhaps his father and I did something right.....

Anyway, here's to the next 21 years! May the continuing journey be as fun, educational, challenging, and eventful as the past 21 years. ;)

As for you, little ones, take some time to reflect on the passage of time...and always pay attention to the journey...

No comments: