Saturday, February 06, 2010

Change is possible....

If there's something in your life that you are not happy with, little ones, you can complain about it, fret about it, let it overwhelm you...or, you can start taking steps to change it.

I have been obese for decades, and what started out as a resolution for me (which I usually don't make and rarely keep when I do make 'em), has slowly started becoming a way of life. Daily exercise and eating smarter and healthier were my New Year's resolutions...and one month later both are actually becoming habits. They say if you do something for 3 weeks, it will become habit and you'll be more likely to stick with it. Well, I've been exercising and eating less for a month now, and though there are times I'm tempted to eat a ton, I've resisted. And I am finding that I must exercise at least a little every day or I just don't feel right.

As part of my efforts to change, I am using Wii Fit (an awesomely fun way to exercise), taking a Tai Chi class (and I'm finding Tai Chi a great way to start and end my day), doing water aerobics, riding the elliptical (when I remember, that is), and doing my usual daily walks with Sprocket.

Movin' my ample @ss instead of sitting on it so much, and putting less food (and smarter food choices) in my face is helping me change...a lot. I am changing my health, my weight, my stamina, and my outlook.

Yes, little ones, change is possible. So instead of sitting there and bitchin', get up and start moving toward making the changes you want to see in your life. As Nike so aptly puts it, JUST DO IT!

No comments: