Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cup o' tea, gov'nr?

I *love* technology! Thanks to computers, webcams, and Skype, I can talk to my little grandson "face to face" now! Last night we talked to him and his folks, and he and I had a tea party, put a puzzle together, got terrorized by plastic snakes, played with Mr. Potato Head, and shared lots of kisses.

Every Skype visit with my grandson is bliss...the distance between us (500+ miles) literally disappears and we are together again for a short period of time.

When he was tiny and still lived where I do, I had the honor of babysitting him a few days a week while his folks were in classes at the local college. I thought my heart would break when they moved across the state, but with periodic trips to see them, and the instant gratification of Skype, I'm surviving. In fact, I'm thriving.

I want to be in my little guy's life for a long, long time, so I finally made the changes in life I've needed to for years. I exercise a LOT more and eat WAY smarter (and less). I'm losing weight, I'm able to do more, I'm happier, and my blood pressure is way down. All thanks to my sweet little grandson...and technology that allows me to actually see him and talk to him face to face, no matter how far apart we may ever be.

Use technology to enhance your lives, little ones....and have a spot o' tea with the ones you love, no matter how far away they may be.

No comments: