Monday, June 14, 2010

Filling the Time

Once I decided to make some changes in my life and get a bit healthier, I had to figure out what the heck to do while I watched TV. For decades my action of choice while watching TV has been to eat, constantly. Well, I wanted to stop doing that completely, so I had to find *something* to do with my hands when I watched TV. I came up with two things...one is to play Nintendo DS games (usually word games) while I watch TV, and the other is to cross stitch. I love to cross stitch...it's rather like coloring for grownups. Here's what's kept me outa the food since January:




These are all small pieces (2" to 3") meant to be used for scrapbooking or giftwrap decoration. I'll likely sell 'em at a craft fair in the fall (or at least try to).

With World Cup games to watch for the next few weeks, I'm gonna tackle a bigger piece for a while...wish me luck!

Fill your time wisely, little ones....

No comments: