Friday, September 27, 2013

SNOW!

Irving Berlin's song "Snow" keeps playing in my head. It has snowed here, off and on, for the past two days. Unfortunately, none of that snow has been sticking around down here, but it has sure been sticking around in the higher elevations:

The view from my deck (9/26/2013)
I love snow, so I'm happy. Today those snowy mountains are completely socked in and we've had three different, short, episodes of snow. All that's missing for me is a fire in the fireplace and/or the wood stove...but we don't have any wood laid in, so that can't happen just yet.

This place is proving to be my zen garden...a place of rest, rejuvenation, joy, inspiration....perfection. I hope I can say that after my first full winter here. ;)

"Snow, oh, to see a mountain covered with a quilt of snow!" Irving Berlin knew just how I feel about SNOW!

No comments: