Sunday, June 08, 2014

Healing....

This year so far has been a bit on the rough side. I made trips back and forth to my home town, spending time with my mother as her health declined and her journey out of this world began. After her funeral, I came back home to de-stress, grieve, and heal.

I have only lived in this mountain paradise a bit less than a year (and a lot of that year was spent back in my home town), but I know in my soul that this is where I was meant to be at this point in my life. Somehow the forces knew I needed to be smack dab in the pretty, to be surrounded by mountains and all they entail.

The always-breathtaking view from the deck.
Mother Nature's wildflower gifts (Dames Rocket).
Sitting on the deck just taking in the pretty, walking the dog, reclaiming my life in this place....it is all working to slowly help me heal the hole in my heart left by Mom's passing. And it is daily reminding me of how lucky and blessed I am to be where I am at this moment in my life.

Life isn't always easy, little ones, but if you are wise and aware, you will find its gifts even in the difficult moments.....


No comments: