Friday, June 13, 2014

It's Deja Vu All Over Again

Seems lightning-caused wildfires are following me.....

Last night we had one heck of a lightning and thunderstorm here, but no rain. A wildfire was sparked by the lightning in the mountains on the west side of Highway 89 about 4 miles south of Alpine. It's a long way from where I live, but close enough that the smoke is an issue and the sound of helicopters (dumping water) and planes (dumping slurry) has been constant all day.

(Photo taken mid-day, June 13)

I took some decent shots from a friend's deck this evening. I need a better telephoto lens, but you can still see things pretty well with my little under-powered lens:  Wildfire Slide Show.

It's that time of year little ones, when wildfires can happen in a moment. Be fire wise and fire aware!

No comments: