Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What is Wealth?

Wealth: Many would say it can only be measured and defined in monetary terms. I would argue that such a definition is entirely too limiting.

You can have a boatload of money, but without happiness, contentment, joy, love, challenges, variety, wonder, gratitude, you have no wealth....all you have is a cold-ass boatload of money.

Money may define a level of wealth, but having true wealth in your life is not tied to a monetary amount. True wealth is tied to the fullness of your life, the love you share, the satisfaction of a job well done, the dimensions your hobbies and passions give your life, the joy you find in every moment, every day.

You can be the wealthiest person in the world monetarily and still be poor as hell if the only thing you can count as "wealth" in your life is money.

I am wealthy beyond measure, but not in terms of money....my life is full, my heart is full, I love and am loved, I find joy every single day in the place I live and the beauty that surrounds me. Money? I have enough to keep dry, warm, and fed...and that's all I need. Wealth...I have untold amounts little ones, and I wish the same for you.

Count your wealth carefully, little ones, and know that a monetary amount really has nothing whatsoever to do with real wealth.



No comments: