Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Kitchen Journey, Day 9

After three "down" days, things were moving again today. Turns out the wood floor is a tich out of alignment, which meant that first row of tile had to be cut (teeny bits at a time) to fit and keep things straight, thus not a whole lot of progress was made today. When our contractor (Andy) started laying out the tiles, he asked me if I wanted to follow "a pattern" based on the tiles' design. I said "isn't random a pattern? I prefer chaos, please." So, the tiles are being laid in a totally random order.


I think the plan tomorrow and Friday is to get all the tiles laid, then grout things on Saturday. Now, if we can just keep Sprocket off of 'em...he keeps knocking those little spacers out....

Develop a taste for chaos, little ones....

No comments: